MJ Engineering Projects were involved at 9 Burley St, Lane Cove providing remedial building maintenance services. The site consisted of concrete columns and beam framed structures with brickwork infill, 3 floors high with a total of 52 residential units. The building suffered from cracked driveways, inadequate waterproofing on the balconies, delaminated render, water penetration through the external facades, non conforming glass balustrades, severe concrete spalling and other minor faults.
Scope of Works:
MJ Engineering Projects was able to identify that inadequate waterproofing, concrete spalling and non conforming glass works were critical and required rectification to ensure optimal performance and safety of the building.
A reputable contractor, specialising in carrying out remedial works, was engaged through the selective tender process to carry out the full scope of works. MJ Engineering Projects was engaged by the client, to act as the Superintendent, to ensure quality workmanship was carried out in accordance with the technical specification. The following remedial building maintenance works included:
1. Repair concrete spalling on the building facade.
2. Removal of asbestos eaves.
3. Recoating all concrete elements.
4. Removal and replacement of balcony balustrades.
5. Tiling of balconies.
6. Application of Quick-Wall render to slab edges.
7. Removal and replacement of concrete driveways.
8. Application of low sheen acrylic paint
9. Repainting timber and metal work.
10. Repair of Construction joints.
11. Application of face sealant.
To find out more information about our full range of remedial services, click here.