MJ Engineering Projects were involved at Paddington providing remedial building maintenance services. The structure consisted of concrete columns and beam framed structure with brickwork infil and 8 floors high with a total of 40 residential units. The building was severely affected by concrete spalling, infested with asbestos and suffered from a deteriorating external protective coating.
Scope of Works:
MJ Engineering Projects was able to identify that asbestos was evident within the joints and a high level presence of chloride contamination within the concrete matrix. This required immediate rectification works to ensure an increased service life of the building.
A reputable contractor, specialising in carrying out remedial works, was engaged through the selective tender process to carry out the full scope of works. MJ Engineering Projects was engaged by the client, to act as the Superintendent, to ensure quality workmanship was carried out in accordance with the technical specification. The following remedial building maintenance works included:
1. Repair of spalled concrete along slab edges, columns and car park soffits.
2. Addressing windowsills.
3. Application of concrete impregnator to extract chloride ions from the concrete.
4. Application of roof capping.
5. Application of high build acrylic and low sheen acrylic.
6. The removal and replacement of asbestos joint sealants.
To find out more information about our full range of remedial services, click here.