MJ Engineering Projects were involved at 55 Pentecoast Ave, Pymble providing remedial building maintenance services. The site consisted of concrete columns and beams framed structure with brickwork infill and 3 floors high with a total of 9 exclusive residential units. The building suffered from inadequate waterproofing within planter boxes and all balconies, delaminated render, water penetration through external facade, non conforming aluminium balustrades and other minor faults.
Scope of Works:
MJ Engineering Projects was able to identify that due to insufficient waterproofing and propagating concrete spalling, rectification works were crucial to commence to ensure a structurally sound and safe building.
A reputable contractor, specialising in carrying out remedial works, was engaged through the selective tender process to carry out the full scope of works. MJ Engineering Projects was engaged by the client, to act as the Superintendent, to ensure quality workmanship was carried out in accordance with the technical specification. The following remedial building maintenance works included:
1. Waterproofing planter boxes.
2. Rectification of defective render on the building façade.
3. Re coating all concrete elements.
4. Removal and replacement of balcony balustrades.
5. Waterproofing and re-tiling balconies.
6. Application of Quick-Wall Render to slab edges.
7. Application of Low Sheen Acrylic Paint.
8. Repair of construction joints.
9. Application of sealant.
To find out more information about our full range of remedial services, click here.