MJ Engineering Projects were involved at 40 Diamond Bay Rd, Vaucluse providing remedial building maintenance services. The structure consisted of concrete columns and beams framed structure with brickwork infill and 3 floors high with a total of 32residental units. The building suffered from brickwork mortar fretting, inadequate waterproofing on balconies, delaminated render, water penetration through external facade, non conforming brickwork balustrades, severe concrete spalling due to low cover and many other related remedial works.
Scope of Works:
MJ Engineering Projects was able to identify that water penetration was due to inadequate waterproofing on balconies and a high level of chloride contamination within the concrete matrix required rectification works to ensure an increased service life of the building.
A reputable contractor, specialising in carrying out remedial works, was engaged through the selective tender process to carry out the full scope of works. MJ Engineering Projects was engaged by the client, to act as the Superintendent, to ensure quality workmanship was carried out in accordance with the technical specification. The following remedial building maintenance works included:
1. Repair concrete spalling.
2. Removal and replacement of balcony balustrades.
3. Tiling of balcony slabs.
4. Application of Quick-Wall render.
5. Removal and replacement of podium level balustrades.
6. Application of high build acrylic coating.
7. Application of low sheen acrylic paint.
8. Repainting timber and metal work.
9. Removal and Replacement of garage doors.
10. Repair of construction joints.
11. Application of Vandex system.
12. Application of sealant.
To find out more information about our full range of remedial services, click here.