MJ Engineering Projects were involved at Wollstonecraft providing remedial building maintenance services. The structure consisted of concrete columns and beams framed structure with brickwork infill, 8 floors high with a total of 50 residental units. The building suffered from lack of water tightness, deteriorated windows, concrete spalling and deteriorated roof membrane and other minor faults.
Scope of Works:
MJ Engineering Projects was able to identify that water penetration was due to ineffective window sills and a high level of chloride contamination within the concrete matrix required rectification works to ensure an increased service life of the building.
A reputable contractor, specialising in carrying out remedial works, was engaged through the selective tender process to carry out the full scope of works. MJ Engineering Projects was engaged by the client, to act as the Superintendent, to ensure quality workmanship was carried out in accordance with the technical specification. The following remedial building maintenance works included:
1. Replacement of roof waterproof membrane.
2. Installation of podium waterproof membrane.
3. Concrete spalling repairs.
4. Replacement of windows and doors.
5. Repaint facade.
6. Removal and replacement of balustrades.
7. Removal and replacement of balcony tiles.
8. Installation of new flashings.
9. Installation of new garbage enclosure.
To find out more information about our full range of remedial services, click here.